From: "patrick.gunia@googlemail.com" <patrick.gunia@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: Ada Tagged Type-Operation assign?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 07:53:37 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-05-15T07:53:37-07:00	[thread overview]

> I could imagine that the compiler-generated assign procedure
> implements the run-time checks for assignment. These run-time checks
> presumably exist only when the source or the target of the assignment
> is of a class-wide type. Is that the case?

No, neither source nor target are class-wide types.

> For controlled types, there should be calls to Adjust and Finalize in
> addition to (not instead of) assign, so my reasoning may be off-mark.
> It would help if you could produce a short example.

What´s irritating me is the fact, that all my controlled types which
are of course also tagged-types, don´t call this operation. Regarding
an example I have the problem, that I don´t really know, where the
operation is called, because VTune only tells me, that there is a big
number of calls to this function, but it can´t tell me, where these
calls take place. Of course I assume that the operation gets called,
when I assign values to instances of my tagged-types, but I don´t
think, that it would help, to show an example for such an assignment.
Or am I getting your question for an example wrong?