From: Thomas <fantome.forums.tDeContes@free.fr.invalid>
Subject: Re: RAPID
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 00:09:48 +0200	[thread overview]

In article <31164e74-92d2-4424-9248-e6360dff9f4bn@googlegroups.com>,
 Shark8 <onewingedshark@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 10:56:55 AM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:

> > i also would like to know if there are some users of other platforms
> > than Unix or Windows who would like to use RAPID, even if it doesn't
> > work until now.
> >
> > i see that GtkAda supports at least Solaris/sparc platform, in addition
> > to Unix and Windows,
> > but if no one is interested i won't waste time on a specific portability.
> > tell me :-)
>
> I'm on Windows and Solaris and Linux here, we might get Macintosh from
> long-term visitors.

i need your help to allow me to make RAPID as portable as possible,
please :-)

* Solaris

for me, Solaris is obscure,
but Wikipédia says it's an Unix operating system, so it is UNIX

could you confirm to me that access to the filesystem is like Linux,
please ?
this way, nothing special to do with filesystem for Solaris :-)

Gtk may look&feel a bit special, like on Macintosh, but nothing avoiding
to use it.

* Windows

as far as i know, Windows is not UNIX, and the access to the filesystem
is *not* like Linux

there was a fix here :
http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/rapid?view=revision&revision=147

i want to improve "access to the filesystem" management, using
Ada.Directories rather than "&" and GNAT.OS_Lib.Directory_Separator.

the big problem I have, is that i can't test the result on Windows
because i don't have it, so i can't know if, doing that, i revert this
fix ...

before i detail it more, tell me if you're available to help me.
maybe you know, via your experience with ada on Windows, what i need to
know without needing to test it :-)

--
RAPID maintainer
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/rapid/