From: "RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com" <RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com>
Subject: Uninstalling prev version of gnat
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:54:37 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-06-03T17:54:37-07:00	[thread overview]

all

My system is Ubuntu 9.04

Following shows my installation version :
----------------------
srini@srini-laptop:~/Projects/Ada/lib$ which gnatmake
/usr/bin/gnatmake
srini@srini-laptop:~/Projects/Ada/lib$ gnatmake --version
GNATMAKE 4.3.3
Copyright (C) 1995-2007, Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
------------------------

Today (without checking above and making some wrong assumptions) I
installed the 09 version of gnat as shown here :

---------------
srini@srini-laptop:~/Projects/Ada/lib$ which gnatmake
/usr/gnat/bin/gnatmake
srini@srini-laptop:~/Projects/Ada/lib$ gnatmake --version
GNATMAKE GPL 2009 (20090519)
Copyright (C) 1995-2009, Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I would like to uninstall my previous version and I had assumed the
install of the GPL 2009 will take care of that.

any case, Is there any gotchas involved in keeping both versions? Is
there an easy way to uninstal the previous version?

thanks for any clues,

srini
I originally had gnat 4.3.3