From: Jerry <lanceboyle@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: How to initialize a matrix of one column only?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:15:54 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-07-13T16:15:54-07:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:50:42 AM UTC-7, Simon Wright wrote:
> Jerry; writes:
>
> &gt; OS X ships with both Fortran and C versions of BLAS and LAPACK, so I
> &gt; would suppose the C version is common. Wouldn&#39;t using the C versions
> &gt; solve this problem? As I recall, both Ada and C are row major.
>
> I just rebuilt my gnat-math-extn unit tests with libclapack, libcblas
> and they run successfully without any change to my bindings. So I think
> the C versions must retain the same column-major ordering as the Fortran
> ones.

Oh well. Thanks for checking into that. Still, it seems odd. It must make life hard for C coders who link to these libs. I would have thought that (compatible ordering) would be a big reason for rewriting in C.

> Oh. No surprise there, because /usr/lib/libblas.dylib and
> /usr/lib/libcblas.dylib are symlinks to the same file!

Yes. I noticed that some time back. (OS X, right?) But I think these libs contain both Fortran and C versions.