From: jrmarino <dragonlace.cla@marino.st>
Subject: ANN: Thick Ada bindings for Zstd (Fast real-time compression algorithm)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 07:14:49 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2016-08-02T07:14:49-07:00	[thread overview]

The Zstandard compression algorithm just reaching version 0.8.0 and it's nearly stable.  It has a wide range range of fast vs high compression levels.  At the fast levels, it's much faster than gzip with the same compression and it can approach xz -6 levels of compression in a fraction of the time.  It's very nice and exactly what I was looking for personally.

http://www.zstd.net

I spent some time creating some thicking bindings for Ada:
https://github.com/jrmarino/zstd-ada

Those bindings cover the stable API.  What it does not cover is streaming compression.  That API is not yet stable and not even available in the shared library (only the static one).  When the streaming compression is stablized, I'll probably update the bindings.  As usual, contributions via github are always welcome.

John Marino