From: alby.gamper@gmail.com
Subject: Re: ANN: VisualAda (Ada Integration for Visual Studio 2017)
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 01:12:52 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2018-06-30T01:12:52-07:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, June 29, 2018 at 5:37:07 PM UTC+10, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> On 2018-06-29 04:56, Jere wrote:
>
> > Thank you so much for making this.
>
> I concur.
>
> > At some point I need to set this up and see how it works with MSYS2.
>
> Normally there is no problem linking GCC things with VS. I had minor
> problems with generating import libraries from GCC. I found no better
> way than manually creating a def-file and it was quite boring. I hope
> that VisualAda automates that.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dmitry A. Kazakov
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

On Friday, June 29, 2018 at 5:37:07 PM UTC+10, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> On 2018-06-29 04:56, Jere wrote:
>
> > Thank you so much for making this.
>
> I concur.
>
> > At some point I need to set this up and see how it works with MSYS2.
>
> Normally there is no problem linking GCC things with VS. I had minor
> problems with generating import libraries from GCC. I found no better
> way than manually creating a def-file and it was quite boring. I hope
> that VisualAda automates that.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dmitry A. Kazakov
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

Hi Dmitry

Thanks for your support, and I'll look into your idea of what I see as
a "Binding generator" for native win32 libraries. A possible approach
may be to "re-surface" so to speak, the legacy win32 Api currently used
(which is extremely outdated) to a more "user friendly" and up to date Api

Alex