* Still no GNATbench for OS X in GNAT GPL 2011
@ 2011-06-16 23:23 Jerry
From: Jerry @ 2011-06-16 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

The announcements of GNAT GPL 2011, including the public announcements
and the one sent to my e-mail account, promise several improvements
including new widgets for GtkAda and an improved version of GNATbench,
the Eclipse plug-in. Yet OS X comes up short, missing (still)
GNATbench and GtkAda entirely. In fact, the list of missing items from
the AdaCore download page relative to Linux totals six items: AJIS,
AWS, Florist, GNATbench, GtkAda, and PolyORB.

Maybe someone can explain this to me so that I don't feel quite so
pissy. In particular, I would like to check out GNATbench, but
building it from Linux source is not something I want to do. (I tried
it once.)

I know it's impolite to complain about the inadequacy of something
that is free, but still....

Jerry

* Re: Still no GNATbench for OS X in GNAT GPL 2011
@ 2011-06-17  6:25 ` jsiebert
From: jsiebert @ 2011-06-17  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 Jun., 01:23, Jerry <lancebo...@qwest.net> wrote:
> The announcements of GNAT GPL 2011, including the public announcements
> and the one sent to my e-mail account, promise several improvements
> including new widgets for GtkAda and an improved version of GNATbench,
> the Eclipse plug-in. Yet OS X comes up short, missing (still)
> GNATbench and GtkAda entirely. In fact, the list of missing items from
> the AdaCore download page relative to Linux totals six items: AJIS,
> AWS, Florist, GNATbench, GtkAda, and PolyORB.
>
> Maybe someone can explain this to me so that I don't feel quite so
> pissy. In particular, I would like to check out GNATbench, but
> building it from Linux source is not something I want to do. (I tried
> it once.)
>
> I know it's impolite to complain about the inadequacy of something
> that is free, but still....
>
> Jerry

Jerry,

the zip-file containing GNATBench 2.5.1/GPL 2011 (which you can find
in the x86-windows section of the download page for example) contains
packages for the OSX x86_64 platform. I haven't tried it yet but maybe
it just works out of the box...

Regards,

Jens

* Re: Still no GNATbench for OS X in GNAT GPL 2011
@ 2011-06-17  8:24 ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2011-06-17  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 17, 12:23 am, Jerry <lancebo...@qwest.net> wrote:
> The announcements of GNAT GPL 2011, including the public announcements
> and the one sent to my e-mail account, promise several improvements
> including new widgets for GtkAda and an improved version of GNATbench,
> the Eclipse plug-in. Yet OS X comes up short, missing (still)
> GNATbench and GtkAda entirely. In fact, the list of missing items from
> the AdaCore download page relative to Linux totals six items: AJIS,
> AWS, Florist, GNATbench, GtkAda, and PolyORB.
>
> Maybe someone can explain this to me so that I don't feel quite so
> pissy. In particular, I would like to check out GNATbench, but
> building it from Linux source is not something I want to do. (I tried
> it once.)
>
> I know it's impolite to complain about the inadequacy of something
> that is free, but still....
>
> Jerry

I think that as MAC OS is a BSD Unix variant, you may be able to pick
up the Linux versions and use them. I'm sure I've built AWS at least
like this.

-- Martin