From: Niklas Holsti <niklas.holsti@tidorum.invalid>
Subject: Re: Is there any other forum for Ada?
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 22:26:27 +0200
Date: 2017-10-29T22:26:27+02:00	[thread overview]

On 17-10-29 21:42 , tclwarrior@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I googled, and this is the only Ada forum that I found
> Is there any other active forum

Answers to some of your questions can be found on the Ada Information
Clearinghouse website, www.adaic.org.

> I still would like to learn more about its commercial license
> Should I really worry about Adacore and the commercial licensing cost?

You should contact AdaCore, explain your needs, even if still
hypothetical, and get an offer.

But note that (a) there are other commercially available Ada compilers,
some quite inexpensive; (b) there is a free version of GNAT from the
Free Software Foundation that is not limited to GPL SW, and is part of
several Linux distributions, as well as available on MS Windows; and (c)
there is a version of GNAT from AdaCore that is free but limited to GPL
SW (GNAT GPL).

> I would also like to ask about general stuff, like
> is there a roadmap for Ada,

Yes, to some extent. But compatibility and continuity are considered
important for Ada, so there are limits on the kind of changes that can
be made, and still call the result "Ada".

> is there plans for Ada2020 for example,

Yes.

>what are the new features planned for newer Ada releases?

Subscribe to the ada-comment mailing list
(http://www.adaic.org/2017/08/community-input-for-ada/) and browse the
"Ada Issues" database (http://www.ada-auth.org/ais.html).

> Anyway, is there a forum where I cant discuss these things without feeling guilty

I, at least, would welcome discussion of these issues here.

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd