From: deadlyhead <deadlyhead@gmail.com>
Subject: Ada Mode and GNAT Project files
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 21:50:27 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-08-14T21:50:27-07:00	[thread overview]

This has been discussed before, specifically by Ludovic Brenta in
2005. <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/
thread/8ca2d617a0d92ff/2dad47ea5cfa17ed?lnk=gst&q=ada+mode+gnat+project
+files#2dad47ea5cfa17ed> I'm wondering if anything ever came of plans
to replace Ada Mode Projects with GNAT Projects.  There are many
benefits to making this change, so I thought I'd ask if there was
anyone in the know.

I've sent a message to the emacs-ada-mode mailing list inquiring about
this and offering my help if Stephe is interested in incorporating
it.  Maybe Ludovic could supply the work that he's already done to get
things started?

I appreciate all replies.  I'll be starting my first large Ada project
soon, and this feature would be a huge help.  Ada + Emacs is already
one of the best development environments out there as I'm sure you all
know.  Tighter integration would make it even better.

--deadlyhead