From: "Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: General informations about ASIS
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:26:56 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2009-02-15T13:26:56-08:00	[thread overview]

On 15 fév, 04:22, "Randy Brukardt" <ra...@rrsoftware.com> wrote:
> Not yet. The plan is that the work on the standard will be finished at the
> next ARG meeting (next week) and then it will start the standardization
> process.
Next week... that's may be why a little bird told be about to go back
to ASIS documentation picking

Will you make an announcement here ?

> Most of the technical decisions for the revised ASIS were done months or
> years ago and can be found on the ARG's website. The draft standard itself,
> unfortunately, is copyright ISO (as is the 1999 version) and thus cannot be
> provided except to people actively working on it. (The reason I'm here
> tonight is to finish that draft and get it distributed before the meeting.)

Is it some work like the ones with « Ada 2005 Issues » ? (the
discussion and submit of corrections to be made to the standard)

> Well, it describes the use of the functions, and there are some examples and
> rationale. Most of that should never have been in the standard in the first
> place, it should have been made freely available -- but it is too late to
> fix that.

Ok, I see. I suppose that the tutorials available on the web cover the
same area. So there is no real worry about it.

> I can't answer that, because we're not sure. The group that did that
> standard has long since disbanded, and as far as we can tell, they didn't
> pay any attention to intellectual property/licensing/copyright issues.
> Personally, I think they intended the specs to be public domain or something
> like that, but it isn't clear that they took the needed steps to ensure that
> is actually true. You'd have to ask a lawyer if you need a definitive
> opinion.

Could you, please, if you allow me to made such a request to you and
have a sufficient time for that, ask them a bout it ?

> We've tried to address this by restructuring the standard, but whether that
> really works is an open question.
>
>                                                    Randy.

Ok, I will try to figure looking for the news in the coming weeks

Lots of thanks Randy