* Ada to CLR and JVM compilers?
@ 2018-04-21 16:15 Leff Ivanov
From: Leff Ivanov @ 2018-04-21 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

So whats happenned to Ada to CLR (.NET) and Ada to JVM (Java) compilers? Are they still being developed? Where to download and try them?

* Re: Ada to CLR and JVM compilers?
@ 2018-04-21 18:50 ` Dan'l Miller
From: Dan'l Miller @ 2018-04-21 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 11:15:47 AM UTC-5, Leff Ivanov wrote:
> So whats happenned to Ada to CLR (.NET) and Ada to JVM (Java) compilers? Are they still being
> developed? Where to download and try them?

This was covered a while back on comp.lang.ada:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.lang.ada/QQ4dGkoskZc

Here is an outside-of-AdaCore source for A# that was last updated in 2013:

only GPLv2 license without any offer for a nonGPL nonviral license by paying a fee, hence only for copylefted software:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/asharp
and its commentary from its main progenitor, Dr. Martin Carlisle:
http://asharp.martincarlisle.com

AdaCore's old WWW-page regarding their unmaintained support for A#:
http://docs.adacore.com/gnatvm-docs/dotgnat_ug.html

(If AdaCore still supports A# via nonGPL license for a fee for non-copylefted software, that fee is likely to be substantial:  on the order of some fraction of an engineer's salary.)

* Re: Ada to CLR and JVM compilers?
@ 2018-04-21 20:14 ` Britt
From: Britt @ 2018-04-21 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 12:15:47 PM UTC-4, Leff Ivanov wrote:
> So whats happenned to Ada to CLR (.NET) and Ada to JVM (Java) compilers? Are they still being developed? Where to download and try them?

Latest public GPL versions (2013 for JVM, 2014 for .NET) are here:
https://www.adacore.com/download/more

Current commercially supported targets are here:
https://www.adacore.com/products/platforms
which interestingly includes iOS and Android. I've often wondered who is using these.