From: Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Large Hadron Collider - software?
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:09:35 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-09-13T14:09:35-07:00	[thread overview]

On 11 Wrz, 03:37, Michael Feldman <mfeld...@gwu.edu> wrote:

> Anyone familiar enough with the CERN collider (which has been in the
> news recently) to say something about the control software? Any Ada there?

Not at all.

The control software for LHC was written in C++ (for front-end server
machines and some middle-tier servers) and Java (for most middle-tier
servers, data concentrators and all operator consoles and displays).

There is also some niche of LabView and PVSS - I think they can count
separately.

--
Maciej Sobczak * www.msobczak.com * www.inspirel.com

Database Access Library for Ada: www.inspirel.com/soci-ada