From: Mehdi Saada <00120260a@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: multiple delay alternative
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 02:31:29 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2018-03-06T02:31:29-08:00	[thread overview]

> If a protected function call is active, all waiting function calls (again parameters evaluated immediately)
Ok, I got this. Simultaneous, but blocked by use of protected procedures and entries.
> For subprograms of a protected object, the call is evaluated immediately, even if the protected object is busy.  Then  procedure calls are executed sequentially
Still don't get it, sorry... What's the difference *as far as waiting to be served one after the other* ?
I know, there's no guard, and the only thing that matter is if a procedure or entry is active at the same time. Ok. Then what... the caller tasks are still waiting to execute the procedure, one after the other, and before they are blocked... Just like with an entry ?? You see where I'm stucked ? Other subtleties don't concern me for now. I must get the essential difference in behavior first.
Maybe a drawing or an actual example would do the trick ;-) Sorry, I feel like I'm not always that smart :-)