From: Britt <britt.snodgrass@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Free learning resources for Ada (are they good enough?)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 19:11:08 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-08-09T19:11:08-07:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:05:34 PM UTC-4, Patrick wrote:
> I hadn't found the http://cengage.com/ book by myself. I am reading it now and it does not seem quite right.
>
> It's saying things like underscores should not be used for programmer defined indentifiers.
>
> It uses all caps like most of the Ada 83 books I have seen.
>
> Ada 83 books are good but I think it's important to read them with the understanding that little things have changed and that some things are not in fashion now.

I had't seen that Cengage "book" before either. It reads like some first year assistant professor's course notes converted into an ebook. The following statement in the book:

"The underscore character is not used in programmer-defined identifiers; it is used in “standard” Ada such as TEXT_IO.PUT(. . .). Occasionally, we’ll use
single capital letters for identifiers in quick code fragments."

is just clueless and wrong.

I suggest that the OP look at the Ada Quality and Style Guide from one of the sites below:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Style_Guide
http://www.adaic.org/resources/add_content/docs/95style/95style.pdf