From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: compiling for sparc64
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 07:45:30 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-08-29T07:45:30-07:00	[thread overview]

Allison Phillips wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> I have a linux-i686 pc and i need to cross compile a program with gnat to
> a sparc64-freebsd target.
> are there some parameters for the compiler?
> i searched in google and in the old messages of this newsgroup, but no
> answers.
> i don't need to have a sparc64 version of gnat, only the compiled program.

You need to build a cross-compiler from the gnat sources.  GCC
requires the native and cross compilers to be from the same sources;
therefore you have to build your cross-compiler from the exact same
sources as your native compiler.

To build a cross-compiler, follow the installation instructions[1],
passing --target=sparc64-freebsd to ../src/configure.

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/install/

HTH

--
Ludovic Brenta.