From: Ada novice <shai.lesh@gmx.com>
Subject: Re: How to enable Ada with GCC in linux
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 04:58:10 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-07-25T04:58:10-07:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:32:41 PM UTC+2, Simon Wright wrote:
> The symptoms appear to indicate that you have GNAT GPL 2011&#39;s bin/
> directory on your PATH *after* /usr/bin and that you don&#39;t have Debian&#39;s
> Ada package installed. Things would be more consistent if you had GNAT
> GPL 2011&#39;s bin/ directory first.

Yes this is correct. I have /usr/gnat/bin at the end of the path. You mentioned that things would be more consistent.... Can you please elaborate on this?

I had installed the debian stable 4.4 and debian testing 4.6 before. With the debian 4.4, the lapack binding was not working as you saw in my other discussion. With gnat 4.6, GPS was loading with a small error message in the "message" window that there is something wrong with the tips menu that pop up at startup. So I removed debian gnat and went for the GPL version from AdaCore libre instead.

YC