From: "Dan'l Miller" <optikos@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: ANN: VisualAda (Ada Integration for Visual Studio 2017)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 20:23:25 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2018-06-28T20:23:25-07:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 9:16:31 PM UTC-5, Jerry wrote:
> On Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 1:10:10 AM UTC-7, alby....@gmail.com wrote:
> > Dear Ada Community
> >
> > I am pleased to announce the initial release of VisualAda.>
> > Alex
>
> Can Mac users benefit from your plugin?
> Jerry

The so-called Visual Studio for Mac is really the old Xamarin Studio rebranded.  Visual Studio for Mac has very few of the features of the actual Visual Studio (for Windows 10).  That could change in the medium-to-long-term future, but not anytime real soon.

I occasionally take a survey as a Microsoft previewer/beta-tester for forthcoming dot-releases of Visual Studio 2017.  Among that multitude of questions was one to prioritize whether Microsoft should port the actual Visual Studio to MacOS.  They have asked twice in the past year, so the concept is being debated as a potential priority at Redmond.  Once actual Visual Studio is ported to MacOS year(s) from now, then plug-ins for actual Visual Studio (on Windows 10) could conceivably be practical to be reworked & released somehow for MacOS's port of actual Visual Studio.