From: Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Opening a file vs. creating if not yet exists
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:58:57 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-08-19T07:58:57-07:00	[thread overview]

On 19 Sie, 16:23, Jacob Sparre Andersen <spa...@nbi.dk> wrote:

> I am certain it is well understood and commonly used, but in general
> it is not advised to use exceptions in ordinary control flow.  Amado's
> suggestion using Ada.Directories.File_Exists is definitely closer to
> the advised practice.

I understand this, but for some reasons I have to stick to Ada 95
features in this particular case.

The atomicity of the complete solution is not an issue, since there is
no chance for the log file to be deleted by some other entity.

--
Maciej Sobczak * www.msobczak.com * www.inspirel.com

Database Access Library for Ada: www.inspirel.com/soci-ada