From: evans@evans.pgh.pa.us (Arthur Evans Jr)
Subject: Re: Mac Ada tool wanted
Date: 1996/05/27
Date: 1996-05-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <4o7rcl$nsi@news.erinet.com>, James E. Hopper
<jhopper@erinet.com> wrote:

> i was talking to the vendor of a really nice mac text editor (bbedit) that
> in its newest version supports color coding of langauge syntax similar
> to what emacs does.  they supprt a number of languages but at this time
> have not supported Ada.  When i talked to them yesterday they were mildly
> interested as its not a lot of work for them to add new langauges.  they
> told me they had only had one other enquiry about ada support and that if
> they saw more interest they would be inclined to add add support to their
> editor. What i would like to do is ask the mac users on this group to
> please
> email or phone the bbedit folks and let them know if you have interest
> in ada support on mac text editors.

BBEdit is in fact a fine editor which I use.  However, I point out for
those who really love Emacs that there's a fine GNU Emacs for the Mac,
along with an Ada mode.  Emacs is at
    ftp://cs.cornell.edu/pub/parmet/Emacs-1.17.sit.bin

Art Evans

Arthur Evans Jr, PhD        Phone: 412-963-0839
Ada Consulting              FAX:   412-963-0927
461 Fairview Road
Pittsburgh PA  15238-1933
evans@evans.pgh.pa.us