From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: New Ada Standard
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 19:01:31 -0500
Date: 2007-04-02T19:01:31-05:00	[thread overview]

"Jeffrey R. Carter" <jrcarter@acm.org> wrote in message
news:C_9Qh.26450$oV.6870@attbi_s21...
> Jeffrey D. Cherry wrote:
> >
> > I haven't purchased this document, yet.  I just wanted to confirm that
this
> > is the new Ada05 standard that we've been waiting for.  If it is, then
should
> > I be calling this the Ada07 standard?  Also, will there be a reduced
price
> > version in the near future?  (It is currently listed as US $238 from
ANSI for
> > a 1.44MB PDF file.)
>
> Some people are calling this Ada 2005. Some are calling it Ada 2007.
> Some are calling it Ada 07. Mostly, though, I think we'll just call it
Ada.

> I believe you can find the same text at
>
> http://www.adaic.org/standards/ada05.html
>
> for somewhat less than $238.

It should be noted that the ISO version is the Amendment itself, which is a
list of changes to the Ada 95 standard. It's not very easy to use. It makes
much more sense to use one of the consolidated versions; you can get those
from the above site; and you can get printed versions from Springer; see
http://www.adaic.org/standards/articles/lrm.html.

                             Randy Brukardt