From: sarge!sarge!esther@uunet.uu.net  (Esther Lumsdon)
Subject: Re: Please Help: Sun Ada Bug
Date: 16 Sep 93 14:44:14 GMT	[thread overview]

From: Mailer-Daemon (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: Unable to deliver mail
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 11:37:58 EDT
To: bdarr@atr-16
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada

In comp.lang.ada you write:
>     I am getting an internal error from a Sun Ada 1.0
>compiler that reads:

>     internal: assertion error at file lreg.c line xxx
>cg_ret: 1

>(I _think_ xxx is 174, but I don't remember for sure.)  I looked through
>the release notes and found no reference to assertion errors in lreg.c.
>If anyone can provide information that may be related to this bug, I would
>greatly appreciate it.
>Thanks in advance,
>Byron Darrah

The deficiency report below sounds like your problem.  You have not reported
a precise description, so I can't be sure.  I advise you to call the Verdix
Support hotline and report this with a more precise description.  Or dial
the Verdix Support BBS at 703-318-5898 if you are in North America.  I beleive
this is fixed in SunAda1.1(i).
========================================================================----=
DR Number: 1487
Title: internal: assertion error at file lreg.c, line 174
========================================================================---+=
    Workaround by:                  Date:
None.  integer'last -1 works ok, though.
========================================================================-+--=
    Abstract
When a variant record contains a case statement alternative where a choice is
integer'last, as follows:

   type my_rec (Dscrmnt : integer) is
   record
      case Dscrmnt is
         when integer'last =>
            a: integer;
         when others =>
            null;
       end case;
   end record;

an internal assertion error at file lreg.c, line 174 is produced by the code
generator.
--
-- Esther Lumsdon, not speaking for Verdix.   esther@verdix.com
"It's time to cut bait and talk turkey.  It takes 2 snakes to cross a