From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Runtime check : what about you ?
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:56:41 +0200
Date: 2011-06-18T08:56:41+02:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:42:45 +0200, Yannick Duch�ne (Hibou57) wrote:

> Just out of curiosity as much as because this may be worth to discuss it
> to some (at least because there are some reflex with that) : how many of
> your typically compile releases with runtime check and how many of you
> typically compile releases without runtime check ?

We leave most checks on (stack, integer overflow) in the release versions.

> Feel free to add any specific context information with your reply ;) (I
> guess most of you will feel the need)

The platforms are VxWorks and Windows, used for distributed automation and
control systems (many sensors, actuators, protocols etc).

When performance question arise, which happens due to very tight
requirements on the latencies we have, we are trying optimize the software,
so that the compiler would remove unnecessary checks.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov