* gnat on opensuse 11.1
@ 2008-12-20 20:24 Reinert Korsnes
From: Reinert Korsnes @ 2008-12-20 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just installed opensuse 11.1 on my 64 bit laptop.

I do not find gnatmake.

Using yast2 -> software -> software management -> "searc gnatmake"
(or "search gnat") does not help.

Any suggestion ?

Trying:

"gcc -c test1.adb"

gives:

"gcc: error trying to exec 'gnat1': execvp: No such file or directory"

reinert

* Re: gnat on opensuse 11.1
@ 2008-12-20 22:49 ` Kevin K
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Kevin K @ 2008-12-20 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:24:22 UTC, Reinert Korsnes <a@b.no> wrote:

> I just installed opensuse 11.1 on my 64 bit laptop.
>
> I do not find gnatmake.
>
> Using yast2 -> software -> software management -> "searc gnatmake"
> (or "search gnat") does not help.
>
> Any suggestion ?
>
> Trying:
>
> "gcc -c test1.adb"
>
> gives:
>
> "gcc: error trying to exec 'gnat1': execvp: No such file or directory"
>

> reinert

It depends on whether you are developing for your own use (learning
Ada, etc), developing open source software, or want to develop for
commercial distribution.

Assuming the first 2 options, there is always the option of
downloading the GPL version of Adacore GNAT from libre.adacore.com.
Both 32 bit and 64 bit versions are available.

* Re: gnat on opensuse 11.1
@ 2008-12-21 14:50 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2008-12-21 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reinert Korsnes wrote:
> I just installed opensuse 11.1 on my 64 bit laptop.
>
> I do not find gnatmake.
>
> Using yast2 -> software -> software management -> "searc gnatmake"
> (or "search gnat") does not help.

There seems to be an rpm package named gcc-ada*.

> Any suggestion ?

If Debian is a possible choice, it is comfortable
one for Ada programmers.

* Re: gnat on opensuse 11.1
@ 2008-12-21 22:26 ` anon
From: anon @ 2008-12-21 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

The install is not broke OpenSuSe does not contain any extra software, like
Ada.   And OpenSuSE and Debian do not mix well for the First Time Ada
user because of the libraries the each require are not compatible.  It is
better just to download a copy from "libre.adacore.com" and install it. Use
"Linux x86_64".

In <tu6dnVG4SO_rydDU4p2dnAA@telenor.com>, Reinert Korsnes <a@b.no> writes:
>I just installed opensuse 11.1 on my 64 bit laptop.
>
>I do not find gnatmake.
>
>Using yast2 -> software -> software management -> "searc gnatmake"
>(or "search gnat") does not help.
>
>Any suggestion ?
>
>Trying:
>
>"gcc -c test1.adb"
>
>gives:
>
>"gcc: error trying to exec 'gnat1': execvp: No such file or directory"
>

>reinert

* Re: gnat on opensuse 11.1
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-12-28  1:35 ` JDECS
From: JDECS @ 2008-12-28  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reinert Korsnes wrote:

> I just installed opensuse 11.1 on my 64 bit laptop.
>
> I do not find gnatmake.
>
> Using yast2 -> software -> software management -> "searc gnatmake"
> (or "search gnat") does not help.
> reinert
gnatmake does not show up in YAST.
"make"  does and may not be installed by default (I had to put it in myself on 10.3 and 11.0)
then put in "gcc" and "gcc-ada"
If you put in GPS, it has another version of gnatmake, but it is no longer needed, as the bugs it was built to fix have been covered by the standard install. (I *DO* like GPS, however, along with GIT-GUI)