* Multi-platform Installer for Ada
@ 2015-09-29 21:12 NiGHTS
From: NiGHTS @ 2015-09-29 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a closed-source GNAT Ada software that I wish to create setup programs in multiple platforms. Currently my intended targets are Windows / Linux / OS X desktop systems. Does anyone have any recommendations on installation builders that can work well with an Ada-based software?

Thanks for your help.

* Re: Multi-platform Installer for Ada
@ 2015-09-30  0:36 ` Dennis Lee Bieber
From: Dennis Lee Bieber @ 2015-09-30  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 14:12:02 -0700 (PDT), NiGHTS <nights@unku.us> declaimed
the following:

>I have a closed-source GNAT Ada software that I wish to create setup programs in multiple platforms. Currently my intended targets are Windows / Linux / OS X desktop systems. Does anyone have any recommendations on installation builders that can work well with an Ada-based software?

	If all that is being distributed is the .exe (or equivalent for other
platforms) "installation builders" shouldn't care what the software was
built from...

	OTOH: unless you are using $$$$ GNAT-Pro, the license on GNAT doesn't
permit closed-source distribution of applications. This may not be a
problem if you mean you are using a non-AdaCore GCC with Ada.

* Re: Multi-platform Installer for Ada
@ 2015-09-30  0:48   ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2015-09-30  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/29/2015 05:36 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> 	OTOH: unless you are using $$$$ GNAT-Pro, the license on GNAT doesn't
> permit closed-source distribution of applications. This may not be a
> problem if you mean you are using a non-AdaCore GCC with Ada.

This is simply untrue. With the exception of the GNAT GPL releases, all versions
of GNAT allow closed-source development.

--
Jeff Carter
"One day he told me he was a gynecologist. He

* Re: Multi-platform Installer for Ada
@ 2015-09-30 13:39     ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-09-30 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

See - http://GetAdaNow.com for lots of truly free version of GNAT