From: alby.gamper@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Ada, Windows x64 building
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 15:54:24 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2017-05-31T15:54:24-07:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 2:30:31 PM UTC+10, George J wrote:
> Hi all!Have anybody experience with building x64 dll on Windows?
> I have Windows7 x64, GNAT GPL 2016. I've spent all yesterday evening in trying to build x64 dll. x86 builds well, but when i add
>
> ...for Default_Switches ("Ada") use ("-m64")
>
> i've got an error (don't remember original text)
>
> gnat1 : gcc key -m64 doesn't support ...(smth like this)
>
> then I replaced orig gnat/bin,lib files by files from mingw64 and got other ununderstandable errors.
>
> So i'd like to know, how can i build Windows x64 binaries with Ada. I think it is impossible with GNAT GPL 2016.
> Thanks!

Hi George

You are correct, you cant build x64 applications using GNAT GPL 20xx.
However, you can however build/compile your own GNAT version using mingw64.

I find it easiest to cross compile/build GNAT on Linux, and then copy the
final distribution onto windows. Their are some detailed instructions on
how to do this on the mingw64 website. They also have some pre-build
distributions, BUT not all of them include GNAT/Ada

Alex