* Fourier
@ 2009-07-17  3:18 Pablo
From: Pablo @ 2009-07-17  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does someone know an ADA implementation of some Fourier Transform? Or
where I can find it...

* Fourier
@ 2009-07-17  3:23 Pablo
From: Pablo @ 2009-07-17  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does someone know an ADA implementation of some Fourier Transform? Or
where I can find it?
Regards,
Pablo.

* Re: Fourier
@ 2009-07-17  7:27 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2009-07-17  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:23:17 -0700 (PDT), Pablo wrote:

> Does someone know an ADA implementation of some Fourier Transform? Or
> where I can find it?

One implementation of FFT is mentioned at AdaIC:

   http://www.adaic.org/links/libs.html

(the last in the list)

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Fourier
@ 2009-07-17  7:37   ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2009-07-17  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> One implementation of FFT is mentioned at AdaIC:
  There are many around - do you want an FFT for general (composite)
N, or just powers of two.  Do you want to link in highly optimized
routines for particular sizes, or just something simple to use.

* Re: Fourier
@ 2009-07-17 11:46   ` Chrono
From: Chrono @ 2009-07-17 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 jul, 04:27, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de>
wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:23:17 -0700 (PDT), Pablo wrote:
> > Does someone know an ADA implementation of some Fourier Transform? Or
> > where I can find it?
>
> One implementation of FFT is mentioned at AdaIC:
>
>    http://www.adaic.org/links/libs.html
>
> (the last in the list)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dmitry A. Kazakovhttp://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

Great!

* Re: Fourier
@ 2009-07-17 11:49     ` Chrono
From: Chrono @ 2009-07-17 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 jul, 04:37, tmo...@acm.org wrote:
> > One implementation of FFT is mentioned at AdaIC:
>
>   There are many around - do you want an FFT for general (composite)
> N, or just powers of two.  Do you want to link in highly optimized
> routines for particular sizes, or just something simple to use.

I look for general N, simple to use, basic to analyse data energy
coherence.

* Re: Fourier
@ 2009-07-17 14:27 ` John B. Matthews
From: John B. Matthews @ 2009-07-17 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<7d786043-8924-429d-bc8b-643a02b80ab9@26g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>,

Google says: <http://fftwada.sourceforge.net/>

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

* Re: Fourier
@ 2009-07-17 19:29 ` lanceboyle
From: lanceboyle @ 2009-07-17 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jul 16, 8:18 pm, Pablo <pablit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does someone know an ADA implementation of some Fourier Transform? Or
> where I can find it...

You can have mine if you want it. It uses a fast algorithm (from
Oppenheim & Schafer) for powers of 2 and a non-fast algorithm for non-
powers-of-2. No precomputation of twiddle factors but super-easy to
use.

Jerry

* Re: Fourier
@ 2009-07-17 23:53       ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2009-07-17 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I look for general N, simple to use, basic to analyse data energy
>coherence.
  I use a Glassman algorithm version.  It's fast for highly composite
N (eg, powers of 2), but slow for prime sizes.  For FFTing images, that
could be very slow indeed, so I use a companion utility to find the
operation count for each K in N ..  N+20 to see if a small extension of
the data will substantially speed things up.