From: Eryndlia Mavourneen <eryndlia@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: The letter Sharp S and the English language
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 06:13:40 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-03-26T06:13:40-07:00	[thread overview]

> Isn't this the issue of the two forms of 's' that John Barnes wrote about in
> the Ada 2005 Rationale??
>
> http://www.adaic.org/resources/add_content/standards/05rat/html/Rat-7-5.html
>
>                                                  Randy

John Barnes says,

  In some systems, such as the ideographic system used by Chinese, Japanese and
  Korean, there is only one case, so things are easy. But in other systems, like
  the Latin, Greek and Cyrillic alphabets, upper and lower case characters have
  to be considered.

But, of course, in languages using the Persian-Arabic script (such as Arabic, Farsi, and Urdu) we have to contend with 3 letter forms -- beginning-of-word, middle-of-word, and end-of-word.

-- Eryndlia