From: ahlan@marriott.org
Subject: Re: Gtkada on Mac using Quartz
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 12:50:07 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-09-05T12:50:07-07:00	[thread overview]

In case anyone is interested, I managed to get my non-trivial GUI test program, written using GPL-2015 Gnat Ada and GPL-2015 GtkAda to work without any source changes on all three of my selected targets, namely Windows (XP), Linux (Ubuntu) and OS X (Yosemite).
Yosemite was the biggest challenge because AdaCore for some reason didn't provide a GtkAda installation as they did for Windows and Linux.
Which meant that i had to get and compile Gtk myself.
Fortunately the linux installation worked Ok on OS X.
The other problem is that on Yosemite the Gtk thread has to be the main thread.
This restriction does not apply for Windows and Ubuntu.
However after rewriting my Gui package to use the main thread, the program ran on all platforms.
Which, I think, is rather cool! :-)