* pkg-config and GPRBuild
@ 2017-04-05  2:16 Brian Kolden
From: Brian Kolden @ 2017-04-05  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am using openCV for a project and I migrated from make to gprbuild because I am more familiar with it. However, the common method of compiling and linking while using openCV uses a call like "g++ -o test_1 test_1.cpp `pkg-config opencv --cflags --libs`". I could figure out how to do the `pkg-config opencv --cflags --libs` call in gprbuild and resorted to hard coding all the library flags into the .gpr file.gprcl

* pkg-config and GPRBuild
@ 2017-04-05  2:21 Brian Kolden
From: Brian Kolden @ 2017-04-05  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am using openCV for a project and I migrated from make to gprbuild because I am more familiar with it. However, the common method of compiling and linking while using openCV uses a call like "g++ -o test_1 test_1.cpp `pkg-config opencv --cflags --libs`". I could not figure out how to do the `pkg-config opencv --cflags --libs` call in gprbuild and resorted to hard coding all the library flags into the .gpr file.

Does anyone have any suggestions, because I would really prefer to be able to use pkg-config.

Thanks,

Brian

* Re: pkg-config and GPRBuild
@ 2017-04-05  7:42 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2017-04-05  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05/04/2017 04:16, Brian Kolden wrote:

> I am using openCV for a project and I migrated from make to gprbuild
> because I am more familiar with it. However, the common method of
> compiling and linking while using openCV uses a call like "g++ -o test_1
> test_1.cpp `pkg-config opencv --cflags --libs`". I could figure out how
> to do the `pkg-config opencv --cflags --libs` call in gprbuild and
> resorted to hard coding all the library flags into the .gpr file.gprcl

I assume you are looking for additional linker flags? You can pass them
to gprbuild. It would something like:

    gprbuild ... -largs `pkg-config opencv --libs`

A better method is to create a binary library project opencv.gpr and use
it in your project. Usually for such projects gprguild figures all flags
without need to resort to pkg-config.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov