From: Shark8 <onewingedshark@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Building / Modifying the RTS for Cortex
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 16:01:10 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2016-12-11T16:01:10-08:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 10:24:29 AM UTC-7, Simon Wright wrote:
> "M. Enzmann" writes:
>
> > At times programming in Ada is frustrating. The compiler is always
> > right. So it would seem.

There are times when it's wrong; for example the current GNAT doesn't allow the mandated forward referencing in aspects all the time. -- Something I had to work around in his base-64 encoder/decoder: https://github.com/OneWingedShark/Base_64

> To be fair, the toolchain can be quite confusing.

It's certainly my least favorite thing about GNAT; it would be nice if there were a standard set of tools (or at least interfaces) and project definition. (GPR is almost decent for project definitions, though it falls very short by being quite string oriented and rather easy to break WRT its associated graphical [GPS] tools.)