From: briot.emmanuel@gmail.com
Subject: Re: compiling GPS (aka GNAT Studio!) from source
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 00:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2019-10-26T00:16:39-07:00	[thread overview]

Stephen,

I think GPS is the wrong starting point here.
Instead, most of the work is now done by
   https://github.com/AdaCore/ada_language_server

GPS uses the Language Server Protocol initially defined by Microsoft to communicate with that server (the github page lists exactly what that server can do for Ada code, not all features from GPS are supported yet).
I am now using that server from vim, so I also have cross-references from vi.

I am also sure Emacs already have a language server client, might be worth experimenting.

Emmanuel