From: wjthomas@wcvt.com
Subject: Re: Column Editing in GPS
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 05:27:48 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-09-12T05:27:48-07:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:16:36 AM UTC-4, AdaMagica wrote:
> In GPS, select Help/GPS/Using the GNAT Programming Studio.
>
> Chapter 5.5 Rectangles explains how to do it.

Oh, why didn’t I think of that first, oh yea, I did think of that first. That’s why I asked for the “trick” as in something I may be missing that’s not as obvious as the documentation might state.

Wait a minute.

OK I see the problem, it does not highlight the selected columns as a column in the editor. You just have to take it for granted that the area between the starting column of the cursor and ending column of the cursor ( of the horizontally selected text) is what is being selected as a rectangle.

It must be the european style of column editing.

Thanks for the slap in the head in making me see what's not there.