* New SPARK book is published today
@ 2015-09-03  8:10 roderick.chapman
From: roderick.chapman @ 2015-09-03  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,
 I'm pleased to say that the all-new SPARK book by John McCormick and
Peter Chapin is published today.  It covers the SPARK 2014 language and
tools in some detail.  Available for order on Amazon and all the usual
places now.  For example:

http://www.amazon.com/Building-High-Integrity-Applications-SPARK/dp/1107656842/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441267363&sr=8-1&keywords=mccormick+chapin+spark

 - Rod

* Re: New SPARK book is published today
@ 2015-09-03  8:42 ` Vincent
From: Vincent @ 2015-09-03  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le jeudi 3 septembre 2015 10:10:35 UTC+2, roderick...@googlemail.com a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>  I'm pleased to say that the all-new SPARK book by John McCormick and
> Peter Chapin is published today.  It covers the SPARK 2014 language and
> tools in some detail.

Hello Rod,

That's interesting. Would it be possible to see the content of the book,
i.e. the name of the chapters ? I coudn't find the information on Amazon.

Regards,

Vincent

* Re: New SPARK book is published today
@ 2015-09-03 10:08   ` Dirk Craeynest
From: Dirk Craeynest @ 2015-09-03 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <db0417bf-0509-4a2a-a90f-fc6df66b6c56@googlegroups.com>,
Vincent  <vincent.diemunsch@gmail.com> wrote:
[...about the new SPARK book by John McCormick and Peter Chapin...]
>That's interesting. Would it be possible to see the content of the book,
>i.e. the name of the chapters ? I coudn't find the information on Amazon.

Some information is available on the publisher's web-page for the book.
See the tab "Contents" on:

<http://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/computer-science/programming-languages-and-applied-logic/building-high-integrity-applications-spark>

Dirk

* Re: New SPARK book is published today
@ 2015-09-07  8:28 ` Mark Lorenzen
From: Mark Lorenzen @ 2015-09-07  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 10:10:35 AM UTC+2, roderick...@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>  I'm pleased to say that the all-new SPARK book by John McCormick and
> Peter Chapin is published today.  It covers the SPARK 2014 language and
> tools in some detail.  Available for order on Amazon and all the usual
> places now.  For example:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Building-High-Integrity-Applications-SPARK/dp/1107656842/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441267363&sr=8-1&keywords=mccormick+chapin+spark

Excellent! I ordered a copy at Amazon UK yesterday.

Unfortunately the delivery time is estimated to be at least 14 days, but I guess that's the price to pay for ordering an all-new book.

Regards,

Mark L

* Re: New SPARK book is published today
@ 2015-09-10  9:39   ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 2015-09-10  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <de199bbb-2f55-4dbc-91f6-b168341596f3@googlegroups.com>,
mark.lorenzen@gmail.com says...

> Unfortunately the delivery time is estimated to be at least 14 days,
but I guess that's the price to pay for ordering an all-new book.

Ha! Thats at least one better than Amazon.com:

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good
estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated
delivery date.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk
-- Leiden, Holland

* Re: New SPARK book is published today
@ 2015-09-14  9:03     ` Mark Lorenzen
From: Mark Lorenzen @ 2015-09-14  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 11:40:03 AM UTC+2, Jerry van Dijk wrote:

> Ha! Thats at least one better than Amazon.com:
>
> Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good
> estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated
> delivery date.
>
> --
> -- Jerry van Dijk
> -- Leiden, Holland
> --
> -- Some say I'm a grumpy 'ol wizzard, but that's not true.
> -- I have the heart of a kind and gentle soul... in a jar, on my desk.

It seems to go fast now. My copy was dispatched from Amazon UK on Friday, so order away folks!

Regards,

Mark L

* Re: New SPARK book is published today
@ 2015-09-18 14:06     ` G.B.
From: G.B. @ 2015-09-18 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03.09.15 12:08, Dirk Craeynest wrote:
> In article <db0417bf-0509-4a2a-a90f-fc6df66b6c56@googlegroups.com>,
> Vincent  <vincent.diemunsch@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...about the new SPARK book by John McCormick and Peter Chapin...]
>> That's interesting. Would it be possible to see the content of the book,
>> i.e. the name of the chapters ? I coudn't find the information on Amazon.
>
> Some information is available on the publisher's web-page for the book.
> See the tab "Contents" on:
>
> <http://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/computer-science/programming-languages-and-applied-logic/building-high-integrity-applications-spark>
>
> Dirk

A Kindle "sample" may now be received from Amazon; it includes
the Preface, with chapter outlines, and some of the introductory
chapter. Also included is this TOC:

Preface

1 Introduction and Overview

1.1 Obtaining Software Quality