From: Michael Bode <m.g.bode@web.de>
Subject: Re: Qt4Ada: Qt for Ada
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:25:49 +0200
Date: 2006-08-05T23:25:49+02:00	[thread overview]

"Steve Whalen" <SteveWhalen001@hotmail.com> writes:

> While I am a big supporter of open source, in the real world, GPL
> without GMGPL on appropriate units _does_ mean essentially no
> commercial development will be done with that GPL only compiler /
> library / toolkit.

And we will see if GPL libraries give a significant boost to free
software development over GMGPL libraries. I'd say
non-free development tools don't harm the development of free
software. There are 20000 Java projects on Sourceforge vs. 110 Ada
projects. Maybe Ada catches up now than the libs are GPL?

--
Michael Bode