From: Michael Bode <m.g.bode@web.de>
Subject: Re: Qt4Ada: Qt for Ada
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:35:35 +0200
Date: 2006-07-29T14:35:35+02:00	[thread overview]

Yves Bailly <kafka.fr@laposte.net> writes:

> On the "administrative" side, I have some wonder about licensing. Has it's
> only a personal project, I think GPLv2 would be fine. What's your opinion?

Since you started the Qt4Ada thread with the words:

  I just read the thread "Answer of Request to AdaCore on licensing
  Status of GtkAda 2.4.0",

I'd suggest using GMGPL. But this depends on what you want to achieve
with Qt4Ada:

Do you want to promote the Free Software idea in the first place? Then
go with the GPL.

Do you want to create a library that is usefull to the widest range of
programming projects (Free and Non-Free)? Then use GMGPL.

Do you want to to create an alternative to GtkAda because you think it
sucks technically or you like Qt better? Then both are viable.

Do you want to create an alternative to GtkAda because of the
licensing mess there? Then go with GMGPL.

Of course since Qt itself uses a dual licensing scheme where you have
to pay if you want to do CSS development (but not as astronomical as
for GtkAda), you could invent a similar dual license scheme
and maybe earn some money.

Anyway, please make it crystal clear what your licensing is and stay
with it.

--
Michael Bode