* Reusable software database
@ 2009-04-26  8:08 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2009-04-26  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is somewhere on the net a database, freeware, available of reusable software
such as ADA Packages, C++ classes or Delphi units?
As one of the presumed advantages of ADA  often reusability of packages is
mentioned. That means that it is not necasary to invent the wheel all over
again. If such a database is in existence I would like to hear it to see if
I can use anything and possibly to donate something.
If such a database is not available would it be an idea if it came into
existence under the cover of GNU or something like that. Especially for ADA
but also for the two other mentioned languages it may usefull. Even if
commercial use of such a database was permitted under special conditions.

Bertus Dries
Torenpad 122 A
2771 EV Boskoop

* Re: Reusable software database
@ 2009-04-26  8:43 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-04-26  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bertus Dries wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> Is somewhere on the net a database, freeware, available of reusable software
> such as ADA Packages, C++ classes or Delphi units?
> As one of the presumed advantages of ADA  often reusability of packages is
> mentioned. That means that it is not necasary to invent the wheel all over
> again. If such a database is in existence I would like to hear it to see if
> I can use anything and possibly to donate something.
> If such a database is not available would it be an idea if it came into
> existence under the cover of GNU or something like that. Especially for ADA
> but also for the two other mentioned languages it may usefull. Even if
> commercial use of such a database was permitted under special conditions.

I think the closest thing there is to a central database is the Ada
Information Clearinghouse (http://www.adaic.org/).  Under Ada Links,
look at "Software Libraries" and "More Softare Libraries".  Free
software distributions like Debian, Gentoo or FreeBSD have package
databases which can also provide information.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Reusable software database
@ 2009-04-26 21:22 ` Maciej Sobczak
From: Maciej Sobczak @ 2009-04-26 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26 Kwi, 10:08, "ldries46" <bertus.dr...@planet.nl> wrote:
> Is somewhere on the net a database, freeware, available of reusable software
> such as ADA Packages, C++ classes or Delphi units?

For C++ you might try this:

http://www.trumphurst.com/cpplibs/cpplibs.php

It is pretty comprehensive.

--