* Gnat GPL dotnet
@ 2009-03-31 19:50 Alex
From: Alex @ 2009-03-31 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anybody used the dotnet Gnat GPL version? I'm trying to compile a
project with it and I get an error message saying the import pragma for
mssyst.object does not refer to a subprogram or object.

Has anybody had any similar experiences?

* Re: Gnat GPL dotnet
@ 2009-04-01  8:05 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-04-01  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex wrote on comp.lang.ada
> Has anybody used the dotnet Gnat GPL version? I'm trying to compile a
> project with it and I get an error message saying the import pragma for
> mssyst.object does not refer to a subprogram or object.
>
> Has anybody had any similar experiences?

Please show your code and the exact error message. I suspect you have
a pragma Import for a subprogram but forgot to declare that
subprogram.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Gnat GPL dotnet
@ 2009-04-01 19:03   ` Alex
From: Alex @ 2009-04-01 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 01:05:00 -0700, Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> Alex wrote on comp.lang.ada
>> Has anybody used the dotnet Gnat GPL version? I'm trying to compile a
>> project with it and I get an error message saying the import pragma for
>> mssyst.object does not refer to a subprogram or object.
>>
>> Has anybody had any similar experiences?
>
> Please show your code and the exact error message. I suspect you have a
> pragma Import for a subprogram but forgot to declare that subprogram.

Ludovic

Thanks for the reply. Basically an RTFM problem. I was getting messages
about not finding mssyst.ads and so I used the file that comes with mgnat
(http://asharp.martincarlisle.com/) to get around this. After reading the
manual I generated a new mssyst.ads using cil2ada - this worked OK then.

Basically I was trying to mix mgnat with the dotnet version of GPS /
gnat. Now that I'm just using the dotnet version of GPS / Gnat it works
OK. However I am finding that I have to run dotnet-gnatmake from the
commmand line - GPS runs gnatmake.

Does anybody know how I can get GPS to call dotnet-gnatmake instead of
the regular gnatmake?

Thanks for anybody that can help iron out this last problem. It does work
from the command line though so it's not a major worry.

Cheers

Alex

* Re: Gnat GPL dotnet
@ 2009-04-03 18:58     ` anhvofrcaus
From: anhvofrcaus @ 2009-04-03 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 1, 12:03 pm, Alex <false_em...@dontwantspam.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 01:05:00 -0700, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>
> Does anybody know how I can get GPS to call dotnet-gnatmake instead of
> the regular gnatmake?

From the Project menu, select Edit Project Properties. Then, select
Languages tab of Properties window. From the Tools box, bottom left,
select the current compiler setting (Ada gnatmake line). Double click
on it. Select dotnet-gnatmake from the drop down menu box (Select new
value). Note that you can do the same for Gnatls, Gnat and Debugger.

Anh Vo

* Re: Gnat GPL dotnet
@ 2009-04-23  8:10       ` Alex
From: Alex @ 2009-04-23  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:58:07 -0700, anhvofrcaus wrote:

> On Apr 1, 12:03 pm, Alex <false_em...@dontwantspam.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 01:05:00 -0700, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody know how I can get GPS to call dotnet-gnatmake instead of
>> the regular gnatmake?
>>
> From the Project menu, select Edit Project Properties. Then, select
> Languages tab of Properties window. From the Tools box, bottom left,
> select the current compiler setting (Ada gnatmake line). Double click on
> it. Select dotnet-gnatmake from the drop down menu box (Select new
> value). Note that you can do the same for Gnatls, Gnat and Debugger.
>
> Anh Vo

Thanks for the tip - seems to be working OK now