From: Caffeine Junky <nospam@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stumbling over arrays.(A bit of a ramble. Read if your bored.)
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 01:10:34 GMT
Date: 2002-10-03T01:10:34+00:00	[thread overview]

On Wed, 02 Oct 2002 08:33:53 -0400, Georg Bauhaus wrote:

> do these ring a bell:
> component type
> unconstrained
> constrained
> anonymous
> bound
> slice
> "array attributes"
>
> and then later:
> passed by reference
> passed by copy
> ?
>
> There is a section on arrays in
> http://www.crystalcode.com/codemage/MainMenu/Coding/Ada/IntroducingAda.php
>
> -- georg

Oh yeah. I understand Ada arrays. I can use them. I just have a
tendency to get them mixed up from time to time.
I'm writing a bunch of practice Sort methods for practice. Variations on
Quicksort, Merge Sort, and Heap Sort. These are giving me a ton of
practice on arrays.
They dont seem nearly as confusing as they did a few days ago.

I just read the article. It has cleared up a couple of things.

I'm gonna post up some of the code I've written. Somebody might actually
find it useful.

I'm having alot of fun with tasking/threaded quicksorts. I never realized
there could be so many different ways to implement the same algorithm.

As an off subject, if compile a protected type module in a system with
Linux pthreads installed, should the compiler (GNAT 3.14) automatically
compile it as a multithreaded module? Or do I have to explicitly direct
the compiler to do that?
Protected Types seem to be an order of magnitude safer than just plain
tasks.

Thanks for the pointers.

NiCad