From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Ada + MSDOS + User Interface Code?
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:08:17 -0600
Date: 2001-02-26T14:08:17-06:00	[thread overview]

Ashley Collins wrote in message
<983180961.119586@ernani.logica.co.uk>...
>I'm running GNAT Ada under MSDOS.  I'd like to build a very simple
>'graphical' user interface for my application.  The type of interface
should
>support the ANSI character set so that I can display non-movable
windows,
>scrollers etc.
>
>Does anyone know of any good user interface library code that works
under
>MSDOS?  Anyone care to make a recommendation?  Where can I find it?

The MS-DOS version of Janus/Ada contains such a thing (called
"JWindows"). But it has to write directly to the VGA hardware, and thus
was not designed to work with another compiler.

The MS-DOS versions of Janus/Ada are still available (16-bit Ada 83,
32-bit Ada 83 & Ada 95). See www.rrsoftware.com.

(There are different versions of JWindows for Ada 83 and Ada 95; the Ada
95 was the inspriation for Claw.)

            Randy Brukardt.