* Unicode identifier and Wide_Value
@ 2006-07-13 17:46 Y.Tomino
From: Y.Tomino @ 2006-07-13 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

Ada2005 supports Unicode Identifier, and I tried to use it.
It's convenience to convert enum-values <=> strings.
Wide_Image works, but Wide_Value(Wide_Image(x)) raises Constraint_Error.

Test:
with Ada.Text_IO;
procedure Test is
   type T is (あ); -- Japanease letter like A
   I : Wide_String := T'Wide_Image(T'First);
   S : T := T'Wide_Value(I);
begin
   null;
end Test;

>gnatmake -gnat05 -gnatW8 test
gcc -c -gnat05 -gnatW8 test.adb
gnatbind -x test.ali
gnatlink test.ali

>test

raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : s-valenu.adb:75 explicit raise

But bracket literal ["3042"] works correctly. Wide_Image and Wide_Value
are OK........
???

--
YT

* Re: Unicode identifier and Wide_Value
@ 2006-07-14  3:17 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2006-07-14  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Y.Tomino" <demoonlit@panathenaia.halfmoon.jp> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> Ada2005 supports Unicode Identifier, and I tried to use it.
> It's convenience to convert enum-values <=> strings.
> Wide_Image works, but Wide_Value(Wide_Image(x)) raises Constraint_Error.

This sounds like a compiler bug; there's likely to be a lot of them in Ada
2005 compilers (they're new, after all).

But please remember that "Ada" is a programming language, not an
implementation. You need to specify what implementation you're using when
asking here about program behavior, because it's quite likely that someone
else will have run into the problem.

                 Randy Brukardt