* ActiveX Controls
@ 2006-07-11 14:24 Thomas Krueger
From: Thomas Krueger @ 2006-07-11 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

i got a problems using COM objects in Ada. The first thing i tried to do has
been  to read the article from David Bottom"Interfacing Ada 95 to Microsoft
COM and DCOM Technologies". Pretty good article for understanding, but i
think it is to much work for many more functions. I am looking for a
solution similar to the C++ visual studio. Where i can import the classes
easily ...

I found GNATCOM and the desrciptions are well. But i was not able to finish
the install procedure using the free ada2005 gnat compiler. Maybe the
problems with the installation is another topic

Another one is Object ada from Aoinix (the demo version) but this version
does not support activeX. Does the fully licensed product support activeX
well? (like the c++ ms visual studio)

Which way would you prefer? Is there another one?

Thanks in advance
Thomas

* Re: ActiveX Controls
@ 2006-07-12  8:54 ` bubble
From: bubble @ 2006-07-12  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,Thomas:
A new keyword,"interface",has been added to ada2005.
you must check out a new version Gnatcom from CVS to fix the problem

"Thomas Krueger" <thomas.krueger2@uni-rostock.de> ���g��l��s�D:44b3b488$1@news.uni-rostock.de...
> Hello,
>
> i got a problems using COM objects in Ada. The first thing i tried to do
> has been  to read the article from David Bottom"Interfacing Ada 95 to
> Microsoft COM and DCOM Technologies". Pretty good article for
> understanding, but i think it is to much work for many more functions. I
> am looking for a solution similar to the C++ visual studio. Where i can
> import the classes easily ...
>
> I found GNATCOM and the desrciptions are well. But i was not able to
> finish the install procedure using the free ada2005 gnat compiler. Maybe
> the problems with the installation is another topic
>
> Another one is Object ada from Aoinix (the demo version) but this version
> does not support activeX. Does the fully licensed product support activeX
> well? (like the c++ ms visual studio)
>
> Which way would you prefer? Is there another one?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Thomas

* Re: ActiveX Controls
@ 2006-07-12 13:26   ` Thomas Krueger
From: Thomas Krueger @ 2006-07-12 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

thank you for your email. Can you help me again? Iextracted the archive and
tried to install gnatcom by following the instruction in the readme.txt.
Instead off calling the install bat I entered the following command:

C:\Programme\gnavi\gnatcom>gnat make makefile

after that I recieved the following error messages

gcc -c -x ada makefile
makefile:1:01: compilation unit expected
makefile:26:10: illegal character
makefile:33:30: illegal character
makefile:50:24: illegal character
gnatmake: "makefile" compilation error

the gnavi/gnatcom is in the path in autoexec.bat

Sorry, but i dont know what to do to make it run. A longer time ago i've
written simple programm using the gwindows. At that time the installtion
using the old gnat 3.15p succeeded without any problems.

Thank you
Thomas

* Re: ActiveX Controls
@ 2006-07-12 13:48     ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2006-07-12 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas Krueger schrieb:
[...]

> after that I recieved the following error messages
>
> gcc -c -x ada makefile
> makefile:1:01: compilation unit expected
> makefile:26:10: illegal character
> makefile:33:30: illegal character
> makefile:50:24: illegal character
> gnatmake: "makefile" compilation error

It looks like the makefile is taken as an Ada source.
Did you try just "make" ?
I remember doing the exercise with GNATCOM / GWindows and GNAT
post-3.15p.
IIRC the main gotcha is the disappearance of use of registry (GNATReg)
after 3.15p;
you have put the GNATCOM and other such sources in the library tree and
go with .gpr files for referencing subdirs, sources etc; the best is to
mimic the Win32 bindings (again, IIRC).
HTH, Gautier
Ada programming -- http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

* Re: ActiveX Controls