* Problem with GNAT compiler warning
@ 2012-10-04 16:58 it.marks.info
From: it.marks.info @ 2012-10-04 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

according to the Ada 2012 source example in

http://old.nabble.com/-Ada--Ada2012%3A-detecting-dangerous-order-dependences-p30048059.html

the warning

"warning: writable actual overlaps with actual for Y"

can be turned on/off with -gnatw.i or -gnatw.I.

That works. But how can I disable this warning?

"warning: result may differ if evaluated  after other actual in expression"

Regards,
Ingo

* Re: Problem with GNAT compiler warning
@ 2012-10-04 18:49 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2012-10-04 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

it.marks.info@gmail.com writes:

> according to the Ada 2012 source example in
>
> http://old.nabble.com/-Ada--Ada2012%3A-detecting-dangerous-order-dependences-p30048059.html
>
> the warning
>
> "warning: writable actual overlaps with actual for Y"
>
> can be turned on/off with -gnatw.i or -gnatw.I.
>
> That works. But how can I disable this warning?
>
> "warning: result may differ if evaluated  after other actual in expression"

You could add this to the source:

   pragma Warnings (Off, "result may differ*");
   --  offending code
   pragma Warnings (On, "result may differ*");

* Re: Problem with GNAT compiler warning
@ 2012-10-05 11:06   ` Ingo M.
From: Ingo M. @ 2012-10-05 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, it works!