From: Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott@gmail.com>
Subject: questions regarding Docker, Ada and Alire
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 14:44:54 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Hi;

  Has anybody used a Docker container with Ada and Alire (obviously Linux)?

  If so,

1. did you create a Docker image using a Dockerfile?

or

2. did you find a Docker base (eg: official Docker Ubuntu) image and modify it by downloading gnat source, compiling and installing it and then downloading Alire, compiling and installing it?

or

3. Found an exiting Docker Linux image with all of the above all nicely preconfigured?

If you used a Dockerfile, would you mind sharing it?

I'm on a Mac with M1 chip and would like to consider getting Ada and Alire working in this manner as an alternative that *might* work more effectively than what I'm trying now.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott