* [ANN] XNAdaLib 2016 binaries.
@ 2016-10-10 19:37 Blady
From: Blady @ 2016-10-10 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

This is XNAdaLib 2016 built on macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) for Native Quartz including:
 - GTKAda GPL 2016 with GTK+ 3.20.3 complete,
 - Glade 3.18.3,
 - GnatColl GPL 2016,
 - Florist GPL 2016,
 - AdaCurses 20110404,
 - Gate 3-05-b,
 - Components 4.15,
 - AICWL 3.15,
 - Zanyblue 1.3.0b, (new)
 - PragmARC 07-2016-09, (new)
 - GNOGA 1.2-beta,
 - AdaControl 1.18b4, (new)
 - Adadep 1.3r3 (new)

 and as side libraries:
 - Template Parser,
 - gtksourceview 3.14.3,
 - GNUTLS 3.3.12, (new)
 - ASIS GPL 2016. (new)

XNAdaLib binaries have been post on Source Forge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/files/GNAT_GPL%20Mac%20OS%20X/2016-el-capitan/

Feel free to send comments.

Regards, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr

* Re: [ANN] XNAdaLib 2016 binaries.
@ 2016-10-10 20:53 ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2016-10-10 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

What is this XNAdaLib thing?

* Re: [ANN] XNAdaLib 2016 binaries.
@ 2016-10-10 21:07   ` joakimds
From: joakimds @ 2016-10-10 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Den måndag 10 oktober 2016 kl. 22:53:02 UTC+2 skrev Luke A. Guest:
> What is this XNAdaLib thing?

Pascal can give a better answer, but I've seen this before. It is pre-compiled binaries and source code for a specific version version of Mac OS X. I think about it as the fastest way possible to get a GNAT compiler suite working on Mac OS X. It is faster that installing GNAT GPL 2016 since it requires installation of several "packages". XNAdaLib only requires unpacking a zip-file in a suitable directory and then setting up the PATH and ADA_PROJECT_PATH environment variables and one is good to go. Anyways, I imagine there is a lot of work to provide the XNAdaLib and it helps many Ada developers on the Mac OS X platform.

* Re: [ANN] XNAdaLib 2016 binaries.
@ 2016-10-11 19:16     ` Blady
From: Blady @ 2016-10-11 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le lundi 10 octobre 2016 23:07:20 UTC+2, joak...@kth.se a écrit :
> Den måndag 10 oktober 2016 kl. 22:53:02 UTC+2 skrev Luke A. Guest:
> > What is this XNAdaLib thing?
>
> Pascal can give a better answer, but I've seen this before. It is pre-compiled binaries and source code for a specific version version of Mac OS X. I think about it as the fastest way possible to get a GNAT compiler suite working on Mac OS X. It is faster that installing GNAT GPL 2016 since it requires installation of several "packages". XNAdaLib only requires unpacking a zip-file in a suitable directory and then setting up the PATH and ADA_PROJECT_PATH environment variables and one is good to go. Anyways, I imagine there is a lot of work to provide the XNAdaLib and it helps many Ada developers on the Mac OS X platform.

Hello,

XNAdaLib stands for extended native Ada libraries prebuilt for macOS.
When AdaCore set up the libre site with GPL binaries for various platforms, GTKAda was not (and is still not) shipped for macOS.
So I built GTKAda from source for macOS. GTKAda is based on GTK+.
Building GTK+ is long, needs lot of patches and many times I need help, so I provide the result to the community.
The library is becoming richer from year to year with AdaCore's GNATColl, Florist and many others from various contributors.
The library needs only GNAT GPL installed on macOS.
I haven't not so much feedbacks if it helps but I hope so.

HTH, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr