* Announce : Qt5Ada version 5.1.0 release 10/07/2013  free edition
@ 2013-07-12 10:09 leonid.dulman
From: leonid.dulman @ 2013-07-12 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Qt5Ada is Ada-2012 port to Qt5 framework (based on Qt 5.1.0 final)
Qt5ada version 5.1.0  open source and qt5c.dll(libqt5c.so)  built with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012  in Windows and gcc x86 in Linux
Package tested with gnat gpl 2012 ada compiler in Windows 32bit and 64bit and Linux x86  Debian 7
It supports GUI, SQL, Multimedia, Web, Network  and many others thinks.
Qt5Ada for Windows and Linux (Unix) is available from
http://users1.jabry.com/adastudio/index.html
My configuration script to build Qt5 is:  configure  -opensource -release -nomake tests -opengl desktop  -icu -plugin-sql-mysql -plugin-sql-odbc  -plugin-sql-oci -prefix "e:/Qt/5.1"
I added new packages to support Touch devices, SerialPorts and Sensors.
The full list of released classes is in "Qt5 classes to Qt5Ada packages relation table.pdf"
Leonid

* Re: Announce : Qt5Ada version 5.1.0 release 10/07/2013  free edition
@ 2013-07-12 10:45 ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2013-07-12 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 03:09:13 -0700 (PDT)
leonid.dulman@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Leonid,

> Qt5Ada is Ada-2012 port to Qt5 framework (based on Qt 5.1.0 final)

Thank you very much for your work on Qt5Ada bindings which for my
project and choosing Ada over other languages is kind of deal breaker.
;)

I'm a bit sad seeing there are *three* different QtAda projects instead
of merging the efforts into one nicely developed/maintained community
project.

> 64bit and Linux x86  Debian 7 It supports GUI, SQL, Multimedia, Web,
> Network  and many others thinks.

I'll try to build from the source and prepare package to be hopefully
included in official Debian release, but wonder whether you considered
to create more transparent Qt55Ada project by using some public repo,
providing info how to help/contribute, have issue tracker etc.?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As a lamp in a windless place does not waver, so the transcendentalist,
whose mind is controlled, remains always steady in his meditation on

* Re: Announce : Qt5Ada version 5.1.0 release 10/07/2013  free edition
@ 2015-05-31 19:18   ` christian.a.reiter
From: christian.a.reiter @ 2015-05-31 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm a bit sad seeing there are *three* different QtAda projects instead
> of merging the efforts into one nicely developed/maintained community
> project.

Which three projects do you mean?
I'm new to Ada, and try to use the Qt bindings (preferably Qt5).

Found http://qtada.com (for Qt4.6)??
Then, http://users1.jabry.com is dead???
and the third one??

Is QtAda unmaintained meanwhile? Are these bindings stable and supported?

Thanks in advance.

* Re: Announce : Qt5Ada version 5.1.0 release 10/07/2013  free edition
@ 2015-06-01  4:12   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-06-01  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

His projects uses a proprietary layer. It is not completely open source.

David Botton

* Re: Announce : Qt5Ada version 5.1.0 release 10/07/2013  free edition
@ 2015-06-02 11:41     ` Jean François Martinez
From: Jean François Martinez @ 2015-06-02 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 6:12:15 AM UTC+2, David Botton wrote:
> His projects uses a proprietary layer. It is not completely open source.
>
> David Botton

Leonid's?  Which one?  He uses TCL/TK but AFAIK that is open source.  Now, problem with his projects is the lack of documentation.  Pity because it seriouly hampers usage of his work.  To practical efects an undocumented featurte doesn't exist.  Sigh.

Jean-François Martinez

* Re: Announce : Qt5Ada version 5.1.0 release 10/07/2013  free edition
@ 2015-06-02 13:30       ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-06-02 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Leonid's?

Yes

>  Which one?

His own proprietary.

>  Now, problem with his projects is the lack of documentation.

He doesn't respond to e-mails and on public forums doesn't seem to understand communications, I am assuming a language barrier.

Basically, even if you manage to get things working (I know only one person who has), you will find at the core a proprietary DLL/so (included for a few platforms in compiled form) is needed that are C wrappers around the C++ constructs. He does not distribute its source and licensing is a mess in general between public statements and what are found in various files.

David Botton

* Re: Announce : Qt5Ada version 5.1.0 release 10/07/2013  free edition
@ 2015-06-03  9:43         ` Jean François Martinez
From: Jean François Martinez @ 2015-06-03  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 3:30:18 PM UTC+2, David Botton wrote:
> > Leonid's?
>
> Yes
>
> >  Which one?
>
> His own proprietary.

Ouch!

> >  Now, problem with his projects is the lack of documentation.
>
> He doesn't respond to e-mails and on public forums doesn't seem to understand communications, I am assuming a language barrier.

Actually he is a native Russain speaker and his Englih seems to be quite poor.   But I assume he is basically badly organized.  I also have heard
his day job is unrelated to computers and perhaps that is the reason he doesn't understand some issues.

> Basically, even if you manage to get things working (I know only one person who has),

I have been temped to use his implementation since I don't like the, now apparently dead, contorted implementation in qtada.com  but I failed to make it work.

Jean François Martinez