* GnatColl with Windows
@ 2010-10-15 15:00 emile lunardon
From: emile lunardon @ 2010-10-15 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

AdaCore offers GnatColl in source format as part of the Window ans
Linux versions of Gnat. The documentation explains how to compile
GnatColl but the explanations seem valid only  for the Linux version
(configure command followed by make...).
Has somebody managed to use GnatColl under Windows and how did he
performed its compilation process (use of cygwin configuration and
make tool ?).

I would like to use GnatColl to control interaction between Python and
Ada 2005.

* Re: GnatColl with Windows
@ 2010-10-15 16:22 ` Jérôme Haguet
From: Jérôme Haguet @ 2010-10-15 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bonjour Emile,

I just did it last week :
From my XP SP3 PC, with GNAT GPL 2010 installed
- I first installed MSYS from http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSYS
- I unzip gnatcoll 2010
- Then I could run configure (without gtk,  without python, only
static)
If I remember correctly, I had to set manually a environment variable
named PROCESORS

For your information, I just wanted to create a program about project
content.

I will be able to confirm the options I used next monday.

Regards.

On 15 oct, 17:00, emile lunardon <emile.lunar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> AdaCore offers GnatColl in source format as part of the Window ans
> Linux versions of Gnat. The documentation explains how to compile
> GnatColl but the explanations seem valid only  for the Linux version
> (configure command followed by make...).
> Has somebody managed to use GnatColl under Windows and how did he
> performed its compilation process (use of cygwin configuration and
> make tool ?).
>
> I would like to use GnatColl to control interaction between Python and
> Ada 2005.

* Re: GnatColl with Windows
@ 2014-12-28  4:19   ` Matt Borchers
From: Matt Borchers @ 2014-12-28  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to do the same -- install GnatColl on Windows 7 64-bit.  I followed your advice and installed MSYS.  I was able to successfully run configure, but when I try to execute 'make' it pops up a dialog requesting me to insert a disk into a drive that I cannot identify:
Title: "gcc.exe - No Disk"
Body: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk15\DR15."

Has anyone encountered this?  Does anyone have a simple step-by-step walk-through to install GnatColl on Windows?

* Re: GnatColl with Windows
@ 2014-12-29  9:33     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2014-12-29  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matt Borchers <mattborchers@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to do the same -- install GnatColl on Windows 7 64-bit. I
> followed your advice and installed MSYS. I was able to successfully
> run configure, but when I try to execute 'make' it pops up a dialog
> requesting me to insert a disk into a drive that I cannot identify:
> Title: "gcc.exe - No Disk"
> Body: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive
> \Device\Harddisk15\DR15."

Which gcc.exe is it finding? You want it to find the GNAT compiler, not
the MSYS gcc.

> Has anyone encountered this? Does anyone have a simple step-by-step
> walk-through to install GnatColl on Windows?

I installed it using the GNAT GPL distribution from libre.adacore.com,
using Cygwin to run configure and make, with the GNAT GPL Ada compiler
first in PATH.

Step-by-step here (first few steps):
http://stephe-leake.org/emacs/ada-mode/ada-mode.html#gpr_005fquery

(I guess I should mention Cygwin for Windows in that manual)

You could also try msys2
http://sourceforge.net/p/msys2/wiki/MSYS2%20installation/ ; I find that
to be better than the original msys. But in general I prefer Cygwin,
mostly because it has a more complete set of tools.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: GnatColl with Windows
@ 2015-01-01  5:59       ` Matt Borchers
From: Matt Borchers @ 2015-01-01  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Stephen.  When I get some time, I will try again.