From: Dwiki <dwiki.jtk07@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:38:11 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-08-15T19:38:11-07:00	[thread overview]

Pada Kamis, 15 Agustus 2013 19:27:15 UTC+7, Dmitry A. Kazakov  menulis:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 03:22:59 -0700 (PDT), Dwiki wrote:
>

> > i try to compile a source code using gnade, but it show error
>

> > c:\gnade\gnu-db-sqlcli.o: In function `gnu__db__sqlcli__sqldatasources':
>
> > c:/gnade/win32-include/gnu-db-sqlcli.adb:496: undefined reference to `_SQLDataSources@40'
>

> Use nm to list entry points of the dll, e.g.
>

> $ nm odbc32.lib
>

> In particular SQLDataSources shows:
>

> 00000000 I .idata$4
>
> 00000000 I .idata$5
>
> 00000000 T .text
>
> 00000000 I __imp__SQLDataSources@32
>
>          U __IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR_ODBC32
>
> 00000000 T _SQLDataSources@32
>

> > i have add -lodbc32 but the error still there.
>

> > do i missed something?
>

> @N suffix of a decorated name indicates the number of bytes the operation
>
> uses for its arguments (stdcall convention).
>

> Since you have it wrong, that suggests the version of GNADE you are using
>
> deploys wrong types for the arguments of SQLDataSource. Which should not be
>
> very surprising, because as I said before, MS had sufficiently changed the
>
> ODBC API in order to accommodate 64-bit applications, which happened
>
> *after* the last time GNADE was maintained. Possibly, you are compiling for
>
> 64-bit instead of 32-bit.
>

> If you are up to revive GNADE ODBC, here is the MS page describing the
>
> changes:
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298678
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Dmitry A. Kazakov
>
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

Dmitry, i think i dont understand the page :(
for example with this section
Changes in SQL Data Types
#ifdef WIN32
typedef SQLULEN SQLROWCOUNT;
typedef SQLULEN SQLROWSETSIZE;
typedef SQLULEN SQLTRANSID;
typedef SQLLEN SQLROWOFFSET;
#endif

what should i do then in my ADA code? ive been searching similar code in GNADE but i cant, do you have another clue?.

FYI, there is warning
"warning: no compiler specified for language 'Gesql', ignoring all its sources Builder"
can i just ignore it?