From: "jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net" <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Article: Ada For Robotics
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:31:06 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-03-28T17:31:06-07:00	[thread overview]

I was not the least surprised by the article.

Many years ago I lead a 3-person software development team on a
robotics project. We were developing robotic controls for the U.S.
Army Corps of Engineers. Our team used Ada.

We developed a full robotic control application, developing about
200,000 lines of code, using the MIL-STD 498 process, in 18 months. I
was my company's representative on the Army Joint Architecture for
Unmanned Ground Systems Working Group. All the other attendees to this
working group had developed robotic applications using C++. While the
three of us were developing the Ada application the other teams (all
of which were much larger than ours) managed to implement some
relatively minor enhancements.

One of the unique features of our system was that we were the first
team to develop a robotic control system in compliance with the Army
Joint Architecture.

Jim Rogers