* Compiling Ada Projects with Emacs
@ 2008-09-19  2:16 Joe
From: Joe @ 2008-09-19  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
I've gotten stuck again.  I'm trying to compile an Ada project using
the .gpr file.  I went through the examples to try and get those to
work.  I can't compile Example 4 from the ada mode info pages.  I load
the project file, but then there is no "Set main and build" option in
my menu.  I'm using emacs 23.0.60 with the latest ada-mode with all
customization options set at the default.

I try to compile hello_4.adb and I get this:

cd /home/joe/prog/ada/examples/Example_4/Gnat_Project/Other/
gnatmake -o hello_4 hello_4 -g -cargs -gnatq -gnatQ -bargs  -largs

gcc-4.3 -c -g -gnatq -gnatQ hello_4.adb
hello_4.adb:1:06: file "hello_pkg.ads" not found
hello_4.adb:5:04: "Hello_Pkg" is undefined
gnatmake: "hello_4.adb" compilation error

I can get it to compile by customizing "Ada Prj Default Gnatmake Opts"
to include the -P switch with the location to the gpr file.  It seems
like I'm just missing an important variable in this option.

Also, how do you enable syntax highlighting for .gpr files?

Thanks,
Joe

* Re: Compiling Ada Projects with Emacs
@ 2008-09-20  9:35 ` Manuel Gomez
From: Manuel Gomez @ 2008-09-20  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19 sep, 04:16, Joe <joesmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've gotten stuck again.  I'm trying to compile an Ada project using
> the .gpr file.

Subscribe to the ada-mode mailing list. There you might got an answer
to your problem from the ada-mode author or active users.

Best Regards.

Manuel

* Re: Compiling Ada Projects with Emacs
@ 2008-09-23  5:01 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2008-09-23  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe <joesmoe10@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> I've gotten stuck again.  I'm trying to compile an Ada project using
> the .gpr file.  I went through the examples to try and get those to
> work.  I can't compile Example 4 from the ada mode info pages.  I load
> the project file, but then there is no "Set main and build" option in
> my menu.  I'm using emacs 23.0.60 with the latest ada-mode with all
> customization options set at the default.

See http://stephe-leake.org/pipermail/emacs-ada-mode_stephe-leake.org/2008-September/000216.html

I now have a laptop with the gNewSense GNU/Linux distribution; the
Emacs is 22.1.1. So you must have installed Emacs from some other
distribution; where, exactly?

When you say "the latest ada-mode", is it from the ada-mode website,
or included with the Emacs distribution?

--
-- Stephe