From: David Botton <david@botton.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT runtime licensing mess
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:43:11 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2015-02-24T11:43:11-08:00	[thread overview]

Much has been said on the topic, I'd look at previous threads over the last 10 years. But since important that no one ever think people the Ada community supports such self serving small actions:

1. The basic answer is as Patrick wrote, they have permission to remove the exceptions, but you can opt to use the FSF versions and not promote the libre site, etc. http://www.getadanow.com  - Perhaps people could send me links and I'd even host or link to other platform versions there as well.

2. What they have done and are doing has been a low blow to the community and is disrespectful and condescending to other contributors of open source Ada software and for the work of others they built their own work on. No one action has sent away or prevented growth in Ada use more (in my opinion, and is perhaps just my own)

3. Despite the above, they have and so far continue to contribute their work back to the FSF so if your work helps them to continue development and sell their products as long as their derivative work is still flowing back to the FSF I wouldn't be concerned at all.

David Botton